ISO/IEC 24787:2010 establishes
- requirements for performing comparisons of biometric samples and returning decisions on an integrated circuit card, and
- security policies for on-card biometric comparison.
It also establishes commands and rules to permit pre-comparison computations to be done off-card.
ISO/IEC 24787:2010 does not establish
- requirements for off-card comparison implementations,
- requirements for system-on-card implementations, or
- modality-specific requirements for storage and comparison.