The purpose of ISO 13570-1:2005 is to explain how you can use the International Standards on wheelchairs to select your next wheelchair. The actual standards are very technical and, at first glance, you may not understand how this information will help you select a wheelchair or scooter. ISO 13570-1:2005 is meant to help you understand the purpose for and content of International Standards on wheelchairs.
ISO 13570-1:2005 is divided into six clauses.
- How to use ISO 13570-1:2005.
- Standardized testing and information disclosure: Provides background information on standardized testing of wheelchairs. Discusses how chairs are tested and how information is disclosed.
- General considerations: Discusses general considerations related to choosing a powered or manual wheelchair.
- Incorporating personal body characteristics: Relates your physical characteristics to the fit of a chair, either manual or powered.
- Manual wheelchairs: Discusses manual wheelchair test procedures.
- Powered wheelchairs: Discusses powered wheelchair test procedures; focuses on three- and four-wheeled scooters as well as full-sized powered wheelchairs.
In the manual and powered wheelchair sections, the test procedures are grouped into three categories: performance, safety, and dimensions.
For each test procedure, ISO 13570-1:2005 includes reasons why you might need this information, a brief description of the standardized test procedure, how the results of the test will be disclosed in the manufacturer's technical product literature, and how to interpret the results of the test for your own situation.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2005-04
Edition: 1Number of pages: 70
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 173/SC 1 Wheelchairs
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|