ISO 24014-1:2015 provides the basis for the development of multi-operator/multi-service Interoperable public surface (including subways) transport Fare Management Systems (IFMSs) on a national and international level.
ISO 24014-1:2015 is applicable to bodies in public transport and related services which agree that their systems need to interoperate.
While ISO 24014-1:2015 does not imply that existing interoperable fare management systems need to be changed, it applies so far as it is practically possible to extensions of these.
ISO 24014-1:2015 covers the definition of a conceptual framework which is independent of organisational and physical implementation. Any reference within this part of ISO 24014 to organisational or physical implementation is purely informative.
The objective of this part of ISO 24014 is to define a reference functional architecture for IFMSs and to identify the requirements that are relevant to ensure interoperability between several actors in the context of the use of electronic tickets.
The IFMS includes all the functions involved in the fare management process such as
- management of application,
- management of products,
- security management, and
- certification, registration, and identification.
This part of ISO 24014 defines the following main elements:
- identification of the different set of functions in relation to the overall fare management system;
- a generic model of IFMS describing the logical and functional architecture and the interfaces within the system and with other IFMSs;
- use cases describing the interactions and data flows between the different set of functions;
- security requirements.
ISO 24014-1:2015 excludes consideration of the following:
- the physical medium and its management;
- the technical aspects of the interface between the medium and the medium access device;
- the data exchanges between the medium and the medium access device;
NOTE The data exchanges between the Medium and the Medium Access Device are proposed by other standardization committees.
? the financial aspects of fare management systems (e.g. customer payments, method of payment, settlement, apportionment, reconciliation).
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2015-10
Edition: 2Number of pages: 60
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 204 Intelligent transport systems