ISO 16730-1:2015 establishes a framework for the verification and validation of all types of calculation methods used as tools for fire safety engineering by specifying specific procedures and requirements for the purpose. It does not address specific fire models, but it is applicable to analytical models, algebraic correlations and complex numerical models, which are addressed as calculation methods in the context of this International Standard.
This International Standard includes
- a process to determine that the relevant equations and calculation methods are implemented correctly (verification) and that the calculation method being considered is an accurate representation of the real world (validation),
- requirements for documentation to demonstrate the adequacy of the scientific and technical basis of a calculation method,
- requirements for data against which a calculation method's predicted results are checked, and
- guidance on use of this International Standard by developers and/or users of calculation methods, and by those assessing the results obtained by using calculation methods.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2015-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 42
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 92/SC 4 Fire safety engineering
- ICS :
- 13.220.01 Protection against fire in general
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 166|
|std 2 166||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.